Friday, December 11, 2015
Flubaroo: Send Student results via Google Drive (no email needed)
1. After the students complete the Google Form, run flubaroo to grade it.
2. After Flubaroo finishes, while still in the spreadsheet, go back to "Add-ons"--"flubaroo"--"share grades".
3. Go through the steps to signify which question asked for the students Google Drive account. (See picture)
"Email Address Question" should be the name of the question you asked to get their Google Drive account.
"Grade Sharing method" should be "Share via Google Drive (no email)"
Finish the rest based on your preferences.
4. Click "Continue" and Flubaroo will work for a while to get everything shared. Might take a few minutes depending on how many submissions you have.
5. All students will get a document in their "Shared with me" folder that has their results.
You also have a copy of the students grade report. When sharing grades via flubaroo, a new folder will automatically by created in your Drive called "Flubaroo-Shared Grades". Inside this folder will be a folder for each Google Form you do this with. So if you named an assignment "Algebra exit check," you will get a folder called "Algebra exit check" which will contain all the documents. Since both teacher and student share the document, you could comment back and forth for feedback purposes.
In order for this to work, you have to include a field in your Google Form that asks for the students Google Drive account. Without this, it will not work.