**User Request Post**
TED is a great website that provides many, many videos. However, some of the videos on TED are quite lengthy. So, its not realistic to show the whole thing, but perhaps we would like to show a part of one. This is certainly possible. With only a few steps, you can have the TED video you desire as a file on your computer, which you can manipulate as you wish. To get a video off of TED onto your computer in a file, follow these steps:
1. Go to www.ted.com
2. Find the Video you want by searching.
3. When the video you want has been found, click it to go to the video.
4. You can simply watch the segment of the video right off of Ted.com or go to step #5.
5. Directly underneath the video, there are options. Click the "download" option.
6. A drop down box will appear and on the RIGHT side of that drop down box, all the way towards the bottom, is the world "download" in red. Right click that world and select "save links as." This will download and save the video to your computer in a mp4. However, Windows movie maker, which is a video editing tool that you can use to get certain clips of the video, does not support mp4, so please continue.
Converting your TED video to a format supported by Windows movie maker:
1. open www.zamzar.com
2. step one: select "choose file"
3. step two: select AVI
4. step three: enter your email address
5. After the conversation, an email will be sent to you in which you will receive the link to download your video in the AVI format. Simply click the link and save it to the desire location.